Sunday, December 19, 2004

A surprise for democrats

I was just reading that some democrats are now apparently rethinking their strategy of trying to obstruct President Bush's judicial nominations as they have in the past. Apparently the defeat of Tom Daschle in the past election has some of them concerned that using similiar tactics during this term could backfire on them during the next election.

They are just considering it for now, I will believe it when I see it, although I think that might be a good idea. Not to mention, we need less gridlock in government instead of more. But whether or not some of the old guard dems will go for it is anyone's guess. When you are in the minority I suppose your options are limited. I guess I will believe it when I see it. If Bush nominates an ultra right-winger then all bets might be off.

Since Bush is not ultra conservative I personally think he might put forth more moderate candidates (assuming Rehnquist does step down), but some in his party are feeling pretty cocky about their election mandate and may push for more conservative nominations. Its a good bet that the religious right will push for very conservative nominees. It should be interesting to watch this unfold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home