Tuesday, May 16, 2006

48 million don't buckle up

This statistic just does not make sense to me, 48 million Americans that don't buckle up. I understand the statistic, just not the lack of thinking that goes with it. I suppose these people give the same tired old reasons for not wearing them: they are uncomfortable, what if I get in a crash and the car catches fire and I have to get out, etc.

None of them make any sense whatsoever. I regularly read the Missouri State Highway Patrol's crash reports, and it seems that the majority of fatalities from auto accidents are not wearing seat belts. How much intellingence does it take to decide your life is worth wearing a seat belt.

I just don't get it.

Click the link for a story by AP via Yahoo:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060515/ap_on_re_us/seat_belt_campaign;_ylt=Atpc0eLotl8j9x9kJ_VswwZvzwcF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home