Sunday, January 09, 2005

A setback for the music industry

Hey, some common sense finally prevailed in the ever profit hungry music industry's bid to compel ISP's to reveal the identity of their members that download music off the internet. A recent court ruling will make it harder to the RIAA to get that information. If you weren't aware, RIAA stands for Recording Industry Association of America. Maybe we would all stop downloading if artists would quit putting out cd's with only good songs on them. I have to be honest, I used to buy tons of cd's but because of the actions of the RIAA I have cut that way down. If I really like a CD I will still buy it, but I used to buy some if I only heard a song or two. You really have to feel sorry for those guys, instead of being billionaires, they will just be millionaires now. Boo, hoo, so sorry! Gotta go, have to go download some stuff!

You can read the article here:
http://www.bizreport.com/news/8546/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home