Saturday, February 12, 2005

Hillary to get the Dem. nod for Pres in 2008?

According to an article in USA today, which you can click the link to read below, New York Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton is the front runner to get the Democratic party nomination for President in 2008. Of course that is still a long ways off, it would be the first time a woman gets the nomition of either party for president if that holds true. As much as I hate to say it, I am still not certain that a woman can get elected president at this time. Don't get me wrong, I am not being sexist and I certainly would consider voting for a woman for president as much as I would anyone else if I like the canditate, but many people don't feel that same way.

I also wonder if that is really the direction that the Democratic party wants to go, given that you would think they would want a less liberal instead of more liberal candidate, and the republicans would have plenty of ammo to use against her as well. I guess time will tell.

Here is the link:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=676&ncid=716&e=21&u=/usatoday/20050210/ts_usatoday/notthe1stbutmaybe1stwithrealchance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home